No low-latency connectivity is available on Castor. This means that the machine is most suited for sequential calculations. Parallel calculations on one node are tolerated.
Castor is a Dalco Intel Ivy Bridge cluster, available from March 2014. It is composed by:
- a front-end;
- an administration and backup node;
- 50 standard nodes with 64 GB of RAM each;
- 2 large memory nodes with 256 GB of RAM each;
- an NFS storage server of 22 TB;
- the nodes are interconnected by a 10 GbE network.
Each node has 2 Ivy Bridge processors with 8 cores each, running at 2.6GHz (model name: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v2).
The batch management is done by SLURM.
Detailed hardware information
Castor server architecture