SCITAS can install and configure applications on the clusters but in order to do so we need the information detailed below.
We will also install updates using the procedure decribed but to keep things tidy we will only install/support two versions (e.g. 1.2.3 and 3.4.5) - if a third version is required we will remove the oldest!
What's the code and where do we get it?
Please provide the location of the source code and the version required. We prefer links to the official project web-sites and/or GIT repositories.
If the software is subject to a licence please contact us before hand to discuss this.
How do we compile and tune it?
This is where things get a little bit tricker. We support two compiler/MPI options:
- GCC and MVAPICH2
- Intel Compiler and IntelMPI
The latter is generally recommended for performance reasons but the GCC and MVAPICH2 combination allows for a completely open source solution if required.
We need to know:
- The compiler flavour and version required (some codes need GCC 4.7 or newer)
- All configuration options, features to be enabled and flags to be passed to configure the code
./configure --enable-shared --enable-avx --enable-threads --enable-mpi --enable-openmp --enable-fastsolver
How do we run and test it?
- The command used to lauch the code
- Any environmental variables that need to be set for the code to function correctly
- An input file and the associated parameters (number of nodes and processes)
- The expected output
We use this information to validate the build and installation.
Who's the expert at the EPFL?
In case of questions from other users of the code we need somebody who understands it sufficiently to be able to help them.
Providing computing resources, training and expertise to the EPFL community.
- General purpose and specialized computing platforms
- Application support
Tel: +41 (0) 21 693 14 05